Polokwane Tennis Club
All tennis players, including children, are required to wear apparel designed and sold specifically for the purpose of playing tennis. This includes:
1. Only tennis shoes made specifically for the purpose of playing tennis are allowed. Black-soled shoes (unless made for tennis) or running shoes are NOT allowed on courts at anytime.
Soft-soled shoes (not specifically designed for tennis) scar the courts and are prohibited.
2. Men shall wear tennis shirts that have collars; or solid color T-shirts with sleeves; or "made for tennis" T-shirts that include the logo of a Tennis Manufacturer or Tennis Organization. Tennis shorts may be plain, but must be made for tennis. No sweatshorts, cut-offs, bathing suits, jogging attire, or workout clothes will be allowed.
3. Shirts must be worn at all times.
4. Ladies shall wear tennis dresses, tennis shorts, or skirts with "made for tennis" tops with or without collars; or solid color T-shirts with sleeves or any "made for tennis top" that includes the logo of a Tennis Manufacturer or Tennis Organization, and tennis shoes as stated in Number.1 above. No halters, sweat shorts, denim shorts, cut-offs, bathingsuits, jogging attire, or workout clothes will be allowed.
5. Players with non-conforming attire will not be allowed to play.
The Staff will interpret and enforce the dress code, and their decision is final.
13th Jul, 2020 - Message from Frikkie Eloff: ChairmanFirstly, we want to thank all the members in the reelecting the current committee, we appreciate your support. Unfortunately, Covid19 has hit our sport fraternity hard, but fortunately tennis is back! Because of the social distancing that can be managed during a game of singles and doubles tennis, players are allowed back to the courts. Strict safety regulations will be set, and all players, coaches and visitors will be required to…
Polokwane tennis club consists of 16 well maintained courts. Our club is wheelchair friendly.
We have 150+ members which consists of juniors, seniors, beginner players and good players.
Our club has 5 very good local coaches - please contact us for more information if you need a coach
NO BOOKINGS on SUNDAYS DURING COVID LOCKDOWN LEVELS
Parking is available under the lush trees in the parking area